Open Registration – Indonesian Youth Delegate for
The International World Heritage Youth Forum 2013
Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 8 – 17 June 2013,
in conjunction with the 37th UNESCO World Heritage Committee Session
• Forum Theme: Living Heritage: Temple, Environment and People (TEP)
• Forum Date: 8 to 17 June 2013 (arrival on the 8th; departure on the 17th)
• Venue: Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Working languages: English and French
• Participants : one eligible youth delegate of each country - Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Algeria, Colombia, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Iraq, Japan, Mali, Mexico, Qatar, Russian Federation, Senegal, Serbia, South Africa, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, China, Republic of Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Pakistan.
• Activities: Site visits to temples and ancient water infrastructure in Angkor World Heritage Site and Siem Reap City, workshops, hands-on activities, tree planting activities, presentations, group discussions, and cultural exchanges.
In conjunction with the 37th session of World Heritage Committee (16-27 June 2013, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap/Angkor), the Cambodian National Commission for UNESCO is organizing the International World Heritage Youth Forum, Cambodia 2013. The Youth Forum is designed to raise the awareness of young people to the importance of preservation of cultural heritage with a focus on the relationships between historic monuments, environment (i.e. forest and water) and communities in sustaining cultural heritage sites.
a. Raise the awareness of the participants about World Heritage Convention, deepen their understanding on the role of water in WH preservation and the impact of tourism on World Heritage sites as well as on the role of communities living around the World Heritage site with Angkor as case study;
b. Provide a platform for meaningful exchange among youth of diverse culture and promote learning, communication and cultural connectivity with a common goal of preservation and conservation of World Heritage sites;
c. Provide students some basic skills related to preventive conservation and preservation;
d. Create conditions to encourage young people to engage in projects that protect cultural and natural sites in their countries and promote heritage education involving school communities: students, parents and educators.
e. Promote mutual understanding of the cultural diversity
Working Method of the Forum:
• The Youth Forum will work with young people between 18 and 20 years old.
• The Youth Forum will be an educational gathering that lasts 7 days during which the young participants will follow a program consisting of visits to World Heritage Site of Angkor, meeting with the local community in Siem Reap, presentations, workshops, discussion sessions and hands-on activities among others.
• The youth delegates will travel to Phnom Penh by bus on 14th June for city cultural visits and attend the Opening Ceremony of the 37th Session of the World Heritage Committee where they will present the results of the Forum on 16th June. They will have the opportunity to meet and discuss with the members of the World Heritage Committee and its Advisory Bodies.
• Simultaneous interpretation will be available in English and French.
• The activities will be documented and filmed.
• Only one Indonesian Youth Delegate will be selected by the Youth Desk – Indonesian National Commission for UNESCO, age 18-20 years (male or female)
• Capable of communicating well in English and/or French
• Have been actively involved in activities related to the theme and highly motivated to learn more about the World Heritage, its preservation and protection as well as its promotion.
• Willing to create and implement projects upon return to their home country and their respective city.
• Capable of involving other youth and students in the project activities and to promote the project in the local community.
• If he/she selected to be the Indonesian Youth Delegate, she/she agree to sign Letter of Agreement to actively involve (voluntary) at the Youth Desk – Indonesian National Commission for UNESCO, especially in Cultural projects, for at least two years right after going back from the forum.
• Send us :
o Application Letter
o Motivation letter (comprising what makes you interested in this topic, how do you involve so far with such kind of activities/projects, what is your expectation if you selected for this forum, what will you do after the forum and what kind of follow up program/project will you hold after) not more than 2 pages of A4 paper size.
o Curriculum Vitae
Title : Int’l Youth Forum Cambodia – (Your Complete Name)
Example : Int’l Youth Forum Cambodia – Asep Febri Pamuji
Deadline : March 26th, 2013 – 23.59 WIB.
The Delegate chosen will be announced in two weeks after deadline at :
Website : http://www.unescoyouthdesk.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/unescoyouthdesk
Twitter : @UNESCOYouthDesk
As preparation, the participants are invited to prepare a short presentation about a National/World Heritage site in her/his country.
Young delegates are required to participate in all the planned activities of the Forum.
Airfare (Jakarta-Seam Reap return), accommodation and meals, as well as local transportation in Cambodia will be provided by the organizing committee. Other fees apart from what mentioned will be cover by the chosen delegate.
World AIDS Day, 1 December, is the opportunity to reflect on the impact of HIV and AIDS, raise awareness, demonstrate solidarity, and evaluate progress in addressing the epidemic 30 years on. The first observance of World AIDS Day took place on 1 December 1988, making it the longest-running disease awareness and prevention initiative. The concept came from from members of the Global Programme on AIDS team at the World Health Organization.
STUDENT & YOUTH PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
1. Berusia maksimal 25 tahun
2. Mahasiswa (jurusan IT, Psikologi, Pedagogik/Bimbingan Konseling, atau bidang-bidang lain yang terkait dengan isu ini); atau mewakili organisasi / youth-led-initiative / movement yang masih aktif ditekuni; atau para internet-addict (termasuk online games freak, dll)
3. Bersedia mengikuti seluruh rangkaian workshop (tanpa absen) selama 3 (tiga) hari berturut-turut, dari tanggal 5 – 7 Desember 2012, pukul 08:00 – 17:00 WIB setiap harinya, di Gedung D Lantai 18, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan, Jl. Pintu Satu, Senayan, Jakarta 10270.